Town Hall Hours and Town Hall Visitor Procedures Due to COVID 19
Effective Monday, November 30, 2020 until further notice
Town Hall Hours
Effective November 30, the Barkhamsted Town Hall will be open Monday to Thursday from 8:30 to 4:30 and closed on Friday. The Tax Collector's Office will continue to be closed on Mondays. This change is being made in recognition of the COVID pandemic and the winter weather and shorter hours of daylight. We expect that it will save the Town some electricity and heating costs and will be more efficient for the employees. This change will be re-evaluated in the spring to determine whether to remain on this schedule or return to the previous hours.
Town Hall Visitor Policy
All visitors to the Town Hall are encouraged to make an appointment with the office they need to visit. If a visitor arrives without an appointment, they will be asked to remain outside or in their vehicle until the office calls them to say they are now available.
All visitors must wear a face mask while in the Town Hall.
All visitors must sign in and hand sanitize upon arrival and answer the following questions. The sign-in is: 1) for contact tracing; 2) to certify that the visitor has read the questions; 3) does not have the symptoms; and 4) is not subject to the State Travel Advisory:
1. Do you have any of these symptoms that are not caused by a known condition other than COVID?
• Fever or chills
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Muscle or body aches
• Recent loss of taste or smell
• Sore throat
• Nausea or vomiting
2. Within the past 14 days, have you had contact with anyone that you know had COVID-19 or COVID-like symptoms? Contact is being 6 feet or closer for more than 10 minutes with a person, or having direct contact with fluids from a person with COVID-19 (for example, being coughed or sneezed on).
3. Have you travelled outside Connecticut in the past 14 days to any of the states listed in the State Travel Advisory and have you spent more than 24 hours in one of those States?