SIGN UP FOR FUN NEW WINTER & SPRING 2018 PROGRAMS WITH THE BARKHAMSTED RECREATION DEPARTMENT
For a full listing of programs and registration forms and info, please visit-www.barkhamsted.us under the Recreation Section or stop by Town Hall to pick up a registration form. Please mail the payment/form to Barkhamsted Parks and Recreation Department -67 Ripley Hill Road Pleasant Valley, CT 06063. Please sign up before the deadlines to reserve your spot for classes.
Get the Skinny on Fat & Sugar: What to Eat and How Much (New Winter 2018 Program!)
Start the New Year off right and join the Recreation Department’s free educational seminar on healthy eating!
Shana Griffin, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist at the ShopRite of Canton will be providing a fun educational seminar on healthy eating for the entire family. She will cut through the media clutter and teach you all about fats and sugar. She will explain what you should be eating and how much. Join us for an evening of nutritious news with a registered dietitian. Shana will be sampling some tasty simple snacks and will have lots of free recipe and tips sheets to share.
The program will be held on Thursday, January 18th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. in the Community Room at the Barkhamsted Town Garage on Route 44. Please reserve your spot by emailing Donna Bastrzycki, Recreation Director- email@example.com by Wednesday, January 11. In order to plan and prepare snacks for the program please register before the deadline.
Thursdays, March 29, April 5, 12, 26, May 3, 10, 17, 24 ( and May 31 as a possible snow/weather make up date) at the Barkhamsted School in the Gym from 6:00-6:45 p.m.
- White Belts (Beginners ages 5 to 12)
- Little Dragons-(ages 5 & 6)-Basic Karate skills, Basic Kata, target drills and exercise, simple self defense
- Mighty Tigers (ages 7 & 8)-Stronger Karate basics and Kata, Stretching, exercise, target drills and self defense
- Karate Rangers (ages 9-12)-Karate Basics, including kicking, kata, self-defense, exercise to level, target drills
- $75.00 per 8 week sessions New-$5.00 discount for each additional family member that signs up for Karate!
Family/Teen and Adult Karate
Thursdays, March 29, April 5, 12, 26, May 3, 10, 17, 24 (May 31 as a possible snow make up day) at the Barkhamsted School in the Gym from 6:00-6:45 p.m.
- White Belts (Beginners ages 13 and up)-7:00 to 7:45 p.m.
- Teen/Adults-(Ages 13 and up)-Kenpo Karate Forms and Self Defense Techniques, Basic kicking drills.
This is a great opportunity to learn karate with family members or solo.
Please note: New students are white belts and receive uniform
Fee includes: Belt and/or Stripe, Belt or Stripe Test and Certificate (Note: Promotion to higher belt levels will require multiple sessions)
Registration Deadline is Monday, March 19, 2017
For more information contact: Charlotte Silkey Phone-860-830-7178
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!!
THE EASTER BUNNY WILL BE HOPPING INTO BARKHAMSTED!
- When: Saturday-March 24, 2018
- Where: Meet In Front of Rose's Kitchen in Riverton
- What time: 2:00 p.m.
- What to Bring: Your Easter Basket to join in on the Easter Egg Hunt and a camera! The children will be broken up into two separate age groups for a candy and toy filled Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by the Recreation Commission. The event will be held rain, snow or shine!!) Please dress for the weather!-The area could be muddy old clothes and footwear are recommended!