Name Changes to Land Records

If an individual has changed their name due to marriage, divorce, adoption, etc. and needs to update property ownership records to reflect this change, this form should be completed and signed in the presence of two witnesses with your Attorney, a Notary Public, or the Town Clerk.  If completing the form at the Town Clerk’s office, you must also provide proof of the change to your name, i.e. marriage license, divorce decree or court order. Once completed, the form would need to be filed on the land records with payment of the recording fee of $60.  The name change would then become part of the permanent records of the town and the Assessor will update the property ownership information to reflect the appropriate name.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Town Clerk's office.